When clicking on a URL the message “This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator” could appear.
This can be fixed using the following:
- Click on the Start button, type regedit and then press enter
- Click Yes on the UAC message
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.html
- Right click the value for the .html key and select Modify
- Change the value from “ChromeHTML” to “htmlfile” (or from FireFoxHTML to htmlfile)
- Click Ok
Can’t get the solution to work? Contact me and let me do the trick.